Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tease Botanix Skincare Range!


Hi everyone,

Today I will be reviewing four products from New Zealand based natural skincare company ‘Tease Botanix’, that I have been busy trialing over the past few weeks. Owner and founder of the Tauranga based company, Teena Cooke, first developed a passion for herbal gardening, nutrition and wellbeing after her body suffered from a toxic ‘overload’ due to her work environment. This wake-up call prompted Teena to completely change her lifestyle (eating organic, home-grown produce, being selective about beauty products she used etc.) Tease Organix Ltd. was born in 2006. In 2011, the company was rebranded and redesigned, and is now known as ‘Tease Botanix’. The company has continued to grow and become more and more successful, picking up two runner-up awards in the 2013 Oh Natural Beauty Awards, as well as being a runner-up in last year’s NZ Women’s Weekly Beauty Awards for Best New Natural Product Range!

Here are my thoughts on the fabulous Tease Botanix range…

Manuka Deep Cleanser:
This is my favourite product out of the four that I tried out. The cleanser is very creamy and luxurious, and left my skin feeling super soft and clean after just one use. This product works really well to remove any make up residue that is left behind after using a makeup wipe, and helps clear up any blemishes overnight. I like the fact that this product works effectively when applied to both damp and dry skin. This makes it my go-to product when coming back from a long night out, dinner etc. when I don’t feel like spending a long time cleansing my face. This product does not have a particularly strong scent, which I find quite pleasant. The botanical ingredients which include calendula, chamomile, lavender, rosemary and manuka make this deep cleanser perfect for those with oily/problematic skin types, as these ingredients help to nourish, heal and protect the skin. I personally liked to use a little more than the recommended 1-2 pumps to really cover my whole face. I also asked a friend of mine for her thoughts I on this product. Over all, this cleanser really helped to improve the look and feel of my skin after. Use in conjunction with the ‘Jojoba Facial Polish’ once or twice a week and expect to see improvements in your skin.

Rose Spritzer:
The ‘Rose Spritzer’ is designed to use after applying your day serum and/or cleanser. This product is used like a toner to refresh and hydrate the skin before moisturizing. Made from purified New Zealand water, the spritzer refreshes and energizes your skin. Perfect for those early morning starts, this product awakens your skin, and leaves skin feeling dewy and fresh. I don’t usually like rose water in facial products as sometimes I find it to be a little overwhelming and strong, however, this spritzer literally smells like freshly picked roses. LOVE!


Jojoba Facial Polish:
This  product was another highlight for me. The Jojoba Facial Polish ticks all the boxes for me. After using it just once, my skin felt a lot softer and smoother. The exfoliant helped to remove blackheads and unblock pores, while still being gentle enough for those of you have sensitive/acne prone skin. This product is like an amped up version of the cleanser, perfect for those times when your skin needs deeper clean.


Camellia Anti-Oxidant Lotion:
This lotion is light, refreshing and delicately scented, designed to nourish the skin and protect it from free radical damage which can lead to premature ageing. The lotion hydrated my skin and left it feeling silky soft. I did find my skin looked quite shiny after using it, but aside from that, it did not make my skin breakout nor did it make it really greasy.

Rating:

I have really enjoyed trialing my new Tease Botanix skincare regime.  I wasn’t disappointed with any of these products, but my favourite was definitely the ‘Manuka Deep Cleanser’. I adored how these products were packaged when they first arrived on my door step (see photo below). All the products are packaged in little frosted glass bottles (let’s hear it for being environmentally-friendly!), with little labels. Cute and sophisticated. Price wise, these products are not so kind to your bank account. However, they will last you a long time as you only need to use a little. Tease Botanix is suitable for all skin types and all different ages. I have been lucky enough to be given a voucher for their signature facial too, which I am totally looking forward to! 8/10!
Tease Botanix is available for purchase from selected professional beauty therapy clinics and spas, or via their online web store here!

 













Contact Email: teena@teasebotanix.co.nz
Review Copyright to the Publisher Caitlin Harsant.
Please Note: This product was kindly given to me by Tease Botanix to review.  All opinions are my own. Photographs courtesy of Tease Botanix. Bare Beauty by Caitlin logo is copyright to Caitlin Harsant.



No comments:

Post a Comment